Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Round Up

I went all summer without a post. It was a busy season! We raised, butchered and sold our 120 chickens. Hooray! Thank you to all of our new and returning customers. That was a lot of work and even being a veteran of one season I still learned a lot and found the differences in weather and structure challenging.
At the time we started raising our flock of chickens this year we also started our first batch of Turkeys and doubled our herd of cows. Granted that means we only have 4 cows, but this year they are less wild/timid and more 'exciting'; escaping our fences, and charging at me on occasion. I am looking forward to eating these rascals this winter/spring.
The turkeys are promising though and have been very fun to raise thus far, especially compared to our chickens which have nowhere near as much 'personality'. This first batch is a sort of trial run for us, but if you are interested in a turkey let me know an I'll send out an email next spring with prices and due dates if we decide to add turkey to our menu of items for sale next season.
One last plug for the cattle, if you are interested in our grass fed beef please contact me soon. Our quarter shares are nearly gone so don't wait if you want wholesome tender healthy grass fed beef. As always, if you are interested in any of our products feel free to call, mail or email me with any questions, comments or requests.

Happily serving you,
Susan Ward
firsthandfood@yahoo.com
(425)508-9799 or
PO Box 1057 Snohomish, WA 98291

No comments:

Post a Comment